- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- List of Abbreviations
- Chapter 1 The Mamluk Rulers of Egypt
- Chapter 2 Egypt Imagined and the Realities of the Voyage
- Chapter 3 The Maritime Port of Alexandria
- Chapter 4 Sailing Upstream to Cairo
- Chapter 5 Cairo: ‘meeting place of comer and goer’
- Chapter 6 Venetian Diplomacy and the Arrival of the Ottomans
- Chapter 7 Exploring the Pyramids and Mummy Fields
- Chapter 8 Pilgrims to the Monastery of St Catherine
- Chapter 9 Adventures with the Mecca Caravan
- Chapter 10 To the South
- Appendix 1 Europeans in Egypt in the Reigns of the Mamluk Sultans up to 1517
- Appendix 2 Europeans in Egypt in the Reigns of the Ottoman Sultans after 1517
- How Many Miles to Babylon?
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.