- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- Chapter 1 Introduction: Boom, Bust, Crisis and Opportunity
- Part I Patterns and contexts
- Chapter 2 Shipping in an Era of Transition and Opportunity
- Chapter 3 Trade, Diversification, Regions and Commodities
- Chapter 4 Accommodating Diversity: Port Infrastructure
- Part II The dynamics of mercantile business
- Chapter 5 Function, Specialisation and Integration
- Chapter 6 Capital, Credit, Growth and Control
- Chapter 7 Insecurity, Information and Reputation
- Part III Institutions and influence
- Chapter 8 Constraint and Opportunity: Government Contracting
- Chapter 9 Interest, Faction and Port Management
- Chapter 10 Conclusion: Trading in Interesting Times
- Notes on Sources
- Notes on Abbreviations
- Trade and Traders in Mid-Victorian Liverpool
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.