- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Chapter 1 Image-text: From the ‘Photobook-essayism’
- Chapter 2 Found Family Photos: Voicing in Anne-Marie Garat's Essayism
- Chapter 3 My Favourite Piccies: Sequencing, Structuring and Essayism in Photo-Anthologies by Régis Debray and Denis Roche
- Chapter 4 Distance and Self in Raymond Depardon's Errance
- Chapter 5 Regards croisés: The Moroccan City by Tahar Ben Jelloun
- Chapter 6 Fabulation in Fragments: Leïla Sebbar's Algeria through the Photography of Marc Garanger
- Chapter 7 Patrick Chamoiseau and Rodolphe Hammadi in the Penal Colony: Photo-text and Memory-traces
- Chapter 8 ‘Paradis sans espoir’? Philippe Tagli's ‘Photo-graffiti’ in the Parisian Banlieue
- Chapter 9 ‘La légende de L'Histoire’: Bernard Noel's Captions for Photography of the Paris Commune
- Conclusion: Silence, Orality, History
- Other Works by Featured Writers
- Other Photo-Texts
- Secondary Bibliography
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.