- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Function of Antagonism: Miroslav Holub and Roald Hoffmann
- Chapter 2 Cutting and Pasting: Language Writing and Molecular Biology
- Chapter 3 The Poetics of Consilience: Edward O. Wilson and A. R. Ammons
- Chapter 4 Poetry, Science and the Contemporary University
- Chapter 5 ‘Strange Synthetic Perfumes’: Investigating Scientific Diction in Twentieth-Century Poetry
- Chapter 6 The Human Animal: Biological Tropes in Interwar Poetry
- Chapter 7 William Empson, Ants and Aliens
- Chapter 8 Ezra Pound and the Materiality of the Fourth Dimension
- Chapter 9 ‘Accidental Variations’: Darwinian Traces in Yeats's Poetry
- Chapter 10 Making the Past Wake: Anthropological Survivals in Hardy's Poetry
- Chapter 11 Reading Bishop Reading Darwin
- Chapter 12 From Bergson to Darwin: Evolutionary Biology in the Poetry of Judith Wright
- Index 1. Poets
- Index 2. Scientists and scientific disciplines
- Index 3. Other references
Index 1. Poets
Index 1. Poets
- Science in Modern Poetry
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.