- Title Pages
- Reappraisals in Irish History
- 1 Will Tennent's band of ‘bastards and rebels’: the Tennent family in its contexts
- 2 The ‘natural leaders’, part one: politics and personalities in Belfast, c.1801–1820
- 3 The ‘natural leaders’, part two: Belfast, Europe and the age of reform
- 4 ‘The manhood of the mind’ classicism, romanticism and the politics of culture
- 5 ‘Thank-offerings to the God of providence’: philanthropy, evangelicalism and social change
- Appendix one: public activities of William Tennent and Robert Tennent
- Appendix two: known membership figures for the Belfast Society for Promoting Knowledge, 1795–1832
- Appendix three: philanthropic and evangelical societies in Belfast, c.1801–32
- Appendix four: Numbers assisted by Charitable Society, Lying-In Hospital Society and Dispensary and Fever Hospital
- Selected Bibliography
- Primary sources
- Secondary sources
- The ‘Natural Leaders’ and their World
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.