- Title Pages
- Message from Claude Simon to the Participants at the Conference held in May 1999
- Introduction: The Critical Reception of Claude Simon since the 1960s
- 1 Thinking History Otherwise: Fiction and the Sites of Memory in Claude Simon
- 2 (In)Commensurabilities: The Childhood of Events and the Shock of Encounter in Claude Simon
- 3 Instant Replays: The Reintegration of Traumatic Experience in Le Jardin des Plantes
- 4 The Dynamics of Conflict in the Novels of Claude Simon
- 5 Satire, Burlesque and Comedyin Claude Simon
- 6 The Garden of Forking Paths: Intertextuality and Le Jardin des Plantes
- 7 A partir du Jardin des Plantes: Claude Simon's Recapitulations
- 8 Supplementary Organs: Media and Machinery in the Late Novels of Claude Simon
- 9 One Step Further: Claude Simon's Photographies 1937–1970
- 10 Truth, Verbiage and Ecriture in Le Jardin des Plantes
- Works by Claude Simon
- Secondary Works
- Notes on Contributors
- Claude Simon
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.