- Title Pages
- Key to Abbreviations
- §1. Swift, Zamyatin, and Orwell and the Language of Utopia
- §2. Generic Configurations of A Story of the Days to Come
- §3. Re-visions of The Time Machine
- §4. Stanislaw Lem's Futurological Congress as a Metageneric Text
- §5. Karel Čapek's Can(n)on of Negation
- §6. Olaf Stapledon's Tragi-Cosmic Vision
- §7. C. S. Lewis and the Fictions of ‘Scientism’
- §8. Kurt Vonnegut, Historiographer of the Absurd: The Sirens of Titan
- §9. Jorge Luis Borges and the Labyrinths of Time
- §10. ‘Elsewhere Elsewhen Otherwise’: Italo Calvino's ‘Cosmicomic’ Tales
- §11. Ursula K. Le Guin and Time's Dispossession
- §12. Time Out of Joint: The World(s) of Philip K. Dick's The Man in the High Castle
- Afterword: A Revisionary Construction of Genre, with Particular Reference to Science Fiction
- Works Cited
- Visions And Re-Visions
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.