- Title Pages
- Exeter Studies in History
- The Texts
- Introduction History, Witchcraft, Texts
- Discussion of the Texts and Editorial Conventions
- Chapter 1 The Court and Politics
- Chapter 2 Social Contexts and Cultural Formations
- Chapter 3 The Kirk
- Chapter 4 Scottish Witchcraft Before the North Berwick Witch Hunt1
- Chapter 5 The Legal Process
- Chapter 6 Aftermath
- Chapter 7 Witch Hunting: Examinations, Confessions and Depositions
- Chapter 8 Records of the Witchcraft Trials: Dittays
- Chapter 9 Witch Hunt Propaganda: News from Scotland
- Chapter 10 Theorising the Witch Hunt: James VI's Demonology
- Appendix: Privy Council Orders Relating to the Legal Processes of Witchcraft Trials 1591–7
- Witchcraft in Early Modern Scotland
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.