- Title Pages
- 1 ‘Vain, stupid, profane games’
- 2 The impact of the break with Rome
- 3 The reign of Elizabeth I and the battle over the Lord's Day
- 4 James I's ‘dancing book ‘and the politicisation of ‘Saint Sabbath’
- 5 The <i>Book of Sports</i> and the reign of Charles I
- 6 Enforcement and reaction
- Appendix: The text of the 1633 <i>Book of Sports</i>
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.