- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Notes on Contributors
- 1. The Environmental Dominant in Wanuri Kahiu’s Pumzi
- 2. Death Ray on a Coral Island as China’s First Science Fiction Film
- 3. Indian Science Fiction Cinema: An Overview
- 4. On the Monstrous Planet, Or How Godzilla Took a Roman Holiday
- 5. Invaders, Launchpads, and Hybrids: The Importance of Transmediality in British Science Fiction Film in the 1950s
- 6. Gender and Apocalypse in Eastern European Cinema
- 7. Casting for a Socialist Earth: Multicultural Whiteness in the East German/Polish Science Fiction Film Silent Star
- 8. Looking for French Science Fiction Cinema
- 9. Aliens Dancing at the Crossroads: Science Fiction Interventions in Irish Cinema1
- 10. The Uncomfortable Relationship Between Science Fiction and Italy: Film, Humor, and Gender
- 11. Are Black Women the Future of Man? The Role of Black Women in Political and Cultural Transformation in Science Fiction from the US, UK, and Cameroon
- 12. Maradona on the Moon: Postcolonial Politics and Cultural Hybridity in Argentina’s Goodbye Dear Moon
- 13. A Short History of Brazilian Science Fiction Film and its Fight for Survival in a Rarified Atmosphere1
- 14. Digital Film and Audiences
- Recommended Viewing
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.