- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- 1. Surrealism and Jules Verne: Depth of Subtext in a Collage by Max Ernst
- 2. André Breton, Rodolphe Töpffer and the Automatic Message
- 3. Approximate Life: The Cybernetic Adventures of Monsieur Wzz…
- 4. Reassessing René Magritte’s <i>Période Vache</i>: From Louis Forton’s <i>Pieds Nickelés</i> to Georges Bataille
- 5. Surrealism, Science Fiction and UFOs in the 1950s: ‘Myth’ in France Before Roland Barthes
- 6. The Comic Book Conditions of Chicago Surrealism
- 7. Accident and Apocalypse in Alan Burns’s <i>Europe After the Rain</i>
- 8. Surrealist Painting as Science Fiction: Considering J. G. Ballard’s ‘Innate Releasing Mechanism’<sup>1</sup>
- 9. A Fantastic Voyage: Mapping Salvador Dalí’s Science Fiction World of Tomorrow
- 10. <i>Ten Recipes for Immortality</i>: A Study in Dalínian Science and Paranoiac Fictions
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.