- Title Pages
- A note on translations
- Chapter One Landscaping Hispaniola: Médéric Louis Élie Moreau de Saint-Méry and border politics
- Chapter Two The 1791 revolt and the borderland from below
- Chapter Three This place was here before our nations: Anacaona’s Jaragua
- Chapter Four Servants turned masters: Santo Domingo and the black revolt
- Chapter Five A fragile and beautiful world: the northern borderland and the 1937 massacre
- Chapter Six The dream of creating one people from two lands mixed together: 1937 and borderland Utopia
- Chapter Seven A geography of living flesh: bearing the unbearable
- Chapter Eight The forgotten heart-breaking epic of border struggle
- Chapter Nine Some are born to endless night: structural violence across-the-border
- Chapter Ten Borderlands of the mind: present, past, and future
- Chapter Eleven The writing is on the wall: towards an open island and a complete structure
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.