- Title Pages
- 1: Realism in TV Drama
- 2: Social (or Documentary) Realism in Feature Film
- 3: Social Realism Continued: the special case of <i>The Lives of Others</i><sup>1</sup>
- 4: Social Realism continued: some key re-inventions
- 5: The Genre Code of Realism: the recent development of the alien invasion movie
- 6: The Narrative Code of Realism: the case of the ‘multi-strand epic’
- 7: The Code of Psychology and Character Motivation
- 8: The Code of Discursive or Ideological Truth
- Post-Script: The ‘Counter-Realism’ Code of Institutional Constraint
- Works Cited
- Real to Reel
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.