- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- Chapter One The Poetics of Anatomy
- Chapter Two The Black Male Body in Early African American Science Fiction
- Chapter Three Miserrimus Dexter
- Chapter Four ‘Intellectual suicides’
- Chapter Five The Male Wound in <i>Fin-de-Siècle</i> Poetry
- Chapter Six The Cacophony of Disaster
- Chapter Seven ‘Human Nature is Remorseless’
- Chapter Eight ‘A man must make himself’
- Chapter Nine ‘Sons of Belial’
- Chapter Ten Syphilis and Sociability
- Chapter Eleven ‘’Tis My Father’s Fault’
- Chapter Twelve Southern Gothic and the Queer Male Body
- The Male Body in Medicine and Literature
- Andrew Mangham, Daniel Lea
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.