- Title Pages
- A Note on Translations
IntroductionIntimate Frontiers: A Literary Geography of the Amazon
- The Jungle Like a Sunday at Home: Rafael Uribe Uribe, Miguel Triana, and the Nationalization of the Amazon
- Hildebrando Fuentes’s Peruvian Amazon: National Integration and Capital in the Jungle
- Contested Frontiers: Territory and Power in Euclides da Cunha’s Amazonian Texts
- ‘Splendid testemunhos’: Documenting Atrocities, Bodies, and Desire in Roger Casement’s Black Diaries
- A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing: The Cauchero of the Amazonian Rubber Groves
- Endless Stories: Perspectivism and Narrative Form in Native Amazonian Literature
Malarial Philosophy: The Modernista Amazonia of Mário de Andrade
- The Politics of Vegetating in Arturo Burga Freitas’s Mal de gente
- Filming Modernity in the Tropics: The Amazon, Walt Disney, and the Antecedents of Modernization Theory
- The Western ‘Baptism’ of Yurupary: Reception and Rewritings of an Amazonian Foundational Myth
- Photography, Inoperative Ethnography, Naturalism: On Sharon Lockhart’s Amazon Project
- Nostalgia and Mourning in Milton Hatoum’s Órfãos do Eldorado
- Editors and Contributors
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.