- Title Pages
- Note on Place-Names
- Note on Transliteration
- The Sixtieth Anniversary of the Massacre in Jedwabne: Two Speeches Delivered in Jedwabne, 10 July 2001
Review EssaysJohn Paul II on Jews and Judaism
- Recent Developments in the Historiography of Silesian Jews
- A Review of Some Recent Issues of the Biuletyn Żydowskiego InstytutuHistorycznego
- Gates of Heaven
- Upside-Down History
- Book Reviews
- Edward Fram
- Chava Weissler
- David Assaf
- Sophia Kemlein
- Leszek Ziątkowski
- Naomi Seidman
- Olaf Bergmann
- Helena Bodek
- Rafael F. Scharf
- Michal Glowiński
- Daniel Tollet (ed), Les Vérités des uns et celles des autres: Points de vue de juifs et de chrétiens sur la Shoah en Pologne
- Irena F. Karafilly, Ashes and Miracles: A Polish Journey
- Obituaries Andrzej Szczypiorski
- Jerzy Turowicz
- Notes on the Contributors
Narodowa Demokracja wobec problematyki żydowskiej w latach 1918–1929
- Olaf Bergmann
- Polin: Studies in Polish Jewry Volume 14
- Liverpool University Press
This chapter takes a look at Olaf Bergmann's book National Democracy's Attitude to the Jewish Question in the Period 1918–1929. This book is the first study fully devoted to the history of the National Camp, including the subject of antisemitism in its programmes and actions. Here, the chapter shows how the author sets himself toward addressing nine questions. The first asks who it was who took a particular position. It goes further to consider what he was saying, by what means, to what end, to whom, and in what way. The chapter then considers the effect. It asks to what degree was a specific judgement accurate and why the National Democrats expressed certain opinions and not others on the Jewish question.
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.