- Title Pages
- Preface to the first edition
- Preface to the paperback edition
- Knowing and Believing
Chapter OneCommunal priorities: conflict and domestic anti-semitism
Chapter TwoThe institutional response to the Holocaust
Chapter ThreeThe politics of hope
Chapter FourThe politics of fear
Chapter FiveThe Jewish fighting model
- The Littrnan Library of Jewish Civilization
- British Jewry and the Holocaust: With a New Introduction
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.