- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- Chapter One The Emergence of the Torah Ark from Antiquity to the Seventeenth Century
- Chapter Two Historical and Cultural Background
- Chapter Three Construction and Design
- Introduction The Architectural Structure of the Torah Ark
- Chapter Four The Kingdom of God in the Little Sanctuary
- Chapter Five The Temple
- Chapter Six Messianic Expectations
- Appendix I Fourteen Torah Arks Comprehensive Description, Technical Data, and Supporting Documentation
- Appendix II Biblical Quotations and Liturgical Phrases Adorning the Arks
- Appendix III Carpenters and Woodcarvers of Arks
- Appendix IV Alphabetical List of the Arks Comprising the Visual Database for This Study
- List of Illustrations
- List of Institutions
- The Carved Wooden Torah Arks of Eastern Europe
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.