- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Introduction: Johan Hjerpe and Enlightenment
- Chapter 1 Johan Hjerpe and the artisan uprising in support of the king's war
- Chapter 2 The coherence of the inconsistent self: some reflections on mentality, identity and historiography
- Chapter 3 Burghers, common folk and books
- Chapter 4 New cultural history and old history of mentalities
- Chapter 5 Johan Hjerpe and the culture of Enlightenment
- Chapter 6 The individual and history
- Epilogue: In retrospect
- Unpublished surces
- Published Sources
- Index of Names
- Back to Modern Reason
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.