- Title Pages
- Chapter One Discovery, Exploration and First Experiments in Colonisation
- Chapter Two The <i>Adelantado</i> Juan Velez de Guevara and the Colonisation of the Chocó, 1638–1643
- Chapter Three New Experiments in Colonisation, 1666–1673
- Chapter Four Conversion and Control: The Franciscans in the Chocó, 1673–677
- Chapter Five Protest and Rebellion, 1680–1684
- Chapter Six Government and Society on the Frontier
- Chapter Seven Resistance and Adaptation under Spanish Rule: The Peoples of Citará, 1700–1750
- Chapter Eight Conclusion
- Appendix: The Chocó: Towns and Mining Camps (c. 1753)
- Between Resistance and Adaptation
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.