- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- Chapter 1 Rooted Cosmopolitanism: Emerging from a Rivalry of Distinctions
- Chapter 2 Assessing Mcdonaldization, Americanization and Globalization
- Chapter 3 Culture, Modernity and Immediacy
- Chapter 4 Hyperpower Exceptionalism: Globalization the American Way<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 5 Debating Americanization: The Case of France
- Chapter 6 Consumption, Modernity and Japanese Cultural Identity: The Limits of Americanization?<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 7 Americanization, Westernization, Sinification: Modernization or Globalization in China?
- Chapter 8 Techno-Migrants in the Network Economy
- Chapter 9 The Americanization of Memory: The Case of the Holocaust
- Chapter 10 From the Lisbon Disaster to Oprah Winfrey: Suffering as Identity in the Era of Globalization
- Chapter 11 Global Media, Cultural Change and the Transformation of the Local: The Contribution of Cultural Studies to a Sociology of Hybrid Formations
- Chapter 12 ‘Rockization’: Diversity within Similarity in World Popular Music
- Chapter 13 The Internet: An Instrument of Americanization?
- Afterword: Rethinking Americanization
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.