- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Some Thoughts on the Work in Popular Music
- 2 Intertextuality and Hypertextuality in Recorded Popular Music
- 3 Work-in(g)-Practice: Configurations of the Popular Music lntertext
- 4 Work and Recordings: The Impact of Commercialisation and Digitalisation
- 5 The Practice of Early-Nineteenth-Century Pianism
- 6 Looking Back at Ourselves: The Problem with the Musical Work-Concept
- 7 ‘The Work’: An Evaluative Charge
- 8 The Work-Concept and Composer-Centredness
- 9 The Musical Artwork and its Materials in the Music and Aesthetics of Busoni
- 10 Re-composing Schubert
- 11 ‘On the Problems of Dating’ or ‘Looking Backward and Forward with Strohm’
- Index of Musical Compositions and Collections
- Index of Personal Names
- The Musical Work: Reality or Invention?
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.