- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction: European Perspectives on Unity and Division
- Chapter 2 Europe – What Unity? Reflections Between Political Philosophy and Historical Sociology
- Chapter 3 Modern Trajectories in Eastern European Orthodoxy: Responses to the Post-totalitarian and Post-Cold War Constellation
- Chapter 4 Europe in the Name of Science: The European Dimensions of the Austrian <i>Novara</i> Expedition
- Chapter 5 Meso-regionalizing Europe: History Versus Politics
- Chapter 6 Polish Conceptions of Unity and Division in Europe: Speculation and Policy
- Chapter 7 Where and When Was (East) Central Europe?
- Chapter 8 Is There a Central European Type of Nation Formation?
- Chapter 9 Interpreting Europe from East of Centre
- Chapter 10 Romania at the Intersection of Different Europes: Implications of a Pluri-civilizational Encounter
- Chapter 11 Modern Literature and the Construction of National Identity as European: The Case of Ukraine
- Chapter 12 ‘Norden’ as a European Region: Demarcation and Belonging
- Chapter 13 Alternatives Within the West: French and British Roads to Modernity
- Domains and Divisions of European History
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.