- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- ‘Housing the Deliberations’
- Gesture in 1960: Toward Literal Situations
- French Frank
- Distraction and Absorption on Second Avenue
- Stepping Out with Frank O'Hara
- ‘A Certain Kneeness’: The Boring and the New in Frank O'Hara's Poetry
- ‘Where Air is Flesh’: The <i>Odes</i> of Frank O'Hara
- Close Writing
- Naming the Seam
- ‘A Gasp of Laughter at Desire’: Frank O'hara's Poetics of Breath
- Frank O'Hara, Alfred Leslie and the Making of <i>The Last Clean Shirt</i>
- Kites and Poses: Attitudinal Interfaces In Frank O'hara and Grace Hartigan
- ‘In Fatal Winds’: Frank O'hara and Morton Feldman
- ‘Footprints of a Wild Ballet’: The Poem-Paintings of Frank O'Hara and Norman Bluhm
- Memory Pieces: Collage, Memorial and the Poetics of Intimacy in Joe Brainard, Jasper Johns and Frank O'Hara
- Index of Works by Frank O'hara
- General Index
- (p.1) Introduction
- Frank O'Hara Now
- Robert Hampson, Will Montgomery
- Liverpool University Press
This book seeks to broaden the scope of the critical response to a body of work that is uneasier, more challenging, and more uncompromising than some previous accounts would allow. This introductory chapter considers the factors that have shaped the interest in O'Hara's poetry. An overview of the subsequent chapters is also presented.
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.