- Title Pages
- Introduction: Animal Alterity: Science Fiction and Human–Animal Studies
- 1. Always-Already Meat: The Human–Animal Boundary and Ethics
- 2. The Mirror Test: Humans, Animals and Sentience
- 3. The Animal Responds: Language, Animals and Science Fiction
- 4. ‘The Female Is Somewhat Duller’: Gender and Animals<sup>1</sup>
- 5. Sapien Orientalism: Animals, Colonialism, Science Fiction,
- 6. Existing for Their Own Reasons: Animal Aliens
- 7. A Rope over an Abyss: Humans as Animals
- 8. The Modern Epimetheus: Animals and/as Technology
- Conclusion ‘Other Fashionings of Life’: Science Fiction, Human–Animal Studies and the Future of Subjectivity
- Works Cited
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.