- Title Pages
- A Note on Editions
- Part I Initiations
- 1. ‘Silhouette’: An Introduction to Gene Wolfe
- 2. ‘Trip, Trap’: Psychology and Thematic Coherence
- 3. ‘In the House of Gingerbread’: Interpretative Games and the Psychology of Reader Response
- 4. ‘The God and His Man’: Critical Responses to The Urth Cycle
- Part II Investigations: The Urth Cycle
- 5. ‘The Toy Theatre’: Uncovering the Story of the Urth Cycle<sup>1</sup>
- 6. ‘The Last Thrilling Wonder Story’? Intergeneric Operations
- 7. ‘How the Whip Came Back’: Directing Reader Response<sup>1</sup>
- 8. ‘Cues’: The Function of Unfamiliar Diction
- 9. ‘There Are Doors’: Memory and Textual Structure
- 10. ‘A Solar Labyrinth’: Metafictional Devices and Textual Complexity
- Part III Conclusions
- 11. ‘The Map’: The Multi-volume Novels and Metafictional Cartography<sup>1</sup>
- Attending Daedalus
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.