- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- List of Photos
- Chapter 1 The Birth of a Modern Port
- Chapter 2 The Establishment of the Fremantle Harbour Trust
- Chapter 3 The Development of Trade at the Port of Fremantle
- Chapter 4 The Shipping of Fremantle
- Chapter 5 A Century of Port Development, 1897 to 1997
- Chapter 6 Cargo-Handling Technology, Working Conditions and Industrial Relations on the Fremantle Waterfront
- Chapter 7 From Port Authority to Strategic Manager: The Transformation of the FPA
- Appendices Appendix A Trade and Shipping Statistics
- Appendix B Financial Statistics
- Appendix C Labour Statistics
- Appendices Appendix D
- (p.1) Introduction
- A Community Enterprise: The History of the Port of Freemantle, 1897 to 1997
- Liverpool University Press
Ports are vital links in the international transport system and, for an island nation such as Australia, assume a special importance as gateways to the rest of the world. The basic function of a port is to provide a link between land and sea transport and to furnish means by which transfers of freight and passengers between the two systems can be made efficiently. A port is...
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.