- Title Pages
- Texts and Translations Used
- Introduction: Silius Italicus and the Roman Hannibal
- Chapter One The Roman Hannibal Defined
- Chapter Two Before Silius: The Creation of the Roman Hannibal
- Chapter Three Silius' Influences
- Chapter Four Epic Models
- Chapter Five Silius' Roman Hannibal
- Chapter Six Out of the Darkness and into the Light
- Chapter Seven Hannibal's Decline after Cannae: Separating Man from Myth
- Chapter Eight Imitators and Innovators
- Chapter Nine Band of Brothers
- Chapter Ten The ‘Lightning Bolts’ (Fulmina) of War
- Chapter Eleven The Man and his Myth: The Self-Defined Roman Hannibal
- General Index
- Index locorum
- The Roman Hannibal
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.