- Title Pages
- Chapter One A Place of Immense Advantage
- Chapter Two London and Jamestown
- Chapter Three Sailortown
- Chapter Four Life and Death in the Depots
- Chapter Five ‘All, all, without avail’
- Chapter Six After ‘Liberation’
- Chapter Seven Island Lives
- Appendix One Liberated Africans Captured aboard Slave Ships: Cases Tried at Freetown, Luanda, Cape Town and St Helena, 1836–68
- Appendix Two Prizes Adjudicated by the Vice-Admiralty Court of St Helena
- Appendix Three Liberated African Emigration from St Helena
- Appendix Four Emigrant Voyages from St Helena
- Distant freedom
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.