- Title Pages
- Chapter One Trauma and Ethics
- Chapter Two Traumatic Hermeneutics
- Chapter Three Sartre and Beauvoir
- Chapter Four Camus’s War
- Chapter Five Interpreting, Ethics and Witnessing in <i>La Peste</i> and <i>La Chute</i>
- Chapter Six Life Stories
- Chapter Seven Afterlives
- Chapter Eight Levinas the Novelist
- Chapter Nine Testimony/Literature/Fiction
- Chapter Ten Elie Wiesel
- Chapter Eleven Sarah Kofman and the Time Bomb of Memory
- Conclusion Whose War, Which War?
- Traces of War
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.