- Title Pages
- Section I Argentine History and National Cinema, 1955–1976
- Chapter 1 Political and Social Tensions in Post-1955 Argentina
- Chapter 2 Argentine Cinema in the Late 1950s and Early 1960s
- Chapter 3 Argentine Cinema, 1966–1973
- Chapter 4 Argentine Cinema, 1973–1976
- Section II The Cinematic <i>Gauchesque</i>
- Chapter 5 <i>Martín Fierro</i>
- Chapter 6 <i>Don Segundo Sombra</i>
- Chapter 7 <i>Santos Vega</i>
- Chapter 8 <i>Juan Moreira</i>
- Chapter 9 <i>Los gauchos judíos</i>
- Section III Representing Founding Fathers
- Chapter 10 Looking for a National Hero
- Chapter 11 <i>Güemes, la tierra en armas</i>
- Chapter 12 <i>Bajo el signo de la patria</i>
- Chapter 13 <i>Juan Manuel de Rosas</i>
- (p.106) Chapter 7 Santos Vega
- Argentine Cinema and National Identity (1966-1976)
- Liverpool University Press
I provide an overview and analysis of Santos Vega, a less successful film that nonetheless belongs to the gauchesque genre. I propose that its innovation revolves around the use of songs to stress the film’s message.
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.