- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Prince Dido of Didotown and ‘Human Zoos’ in Wilhelmine Germany: Strategies for Self-Representation under the Othering Gaze
- Chapter 3 <i>Schwarze Schmach</i> and <i>métissages contemporains</i>: The Politics and Poetics of Mixed Marriage in a Refugee Family
- Chapter 4 ‘Among them Complicit’? Life and Politics in France's Black Communities, 1919–1939
- Chapter 5 ‘In this Metropolis of the World We Must Have a Building Worthy of Our Great People’: Race, Empire and Hospitality in Imperial London, 1931–1948
- Chapter 6 Féral Benga's Body
- Chapter 7 ‘Like Another Planet to the Darker Americans’: Black Cultural Work in 1930s Moscow
- Chapter 8 ‘Coulibaly’ Cosmopolitanism in Moscow: Mamadou Somé Coulibaly and the Surikov Academy Paintings, 1960s–1970s
- Chapter 9 Afro-Italian Literature: From Productive Collaborations to Individual Affirmations
- Chapter 10 Of Homecomings and Homesickness: The Question of White Angolans in Post-Colonial Portugal
- Chapter 11 Blackness over Europe: Meditations on Culture and Belonging
- Chapter 12 Middle Passage Blackness and its Diasporic Discontents: The Case for a Post-War Epistemology
- Chapter 13 Black <i>and</i> German: Filming Black History and Experience
- Chapter 14 Excavating Diaspora: An Interview Discussing Elleke Boehmer's Novel <i>Nile Baby</i>
- Chapter 15 Afterword
- Africa in Europe
- Liverpool University Press
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.