- Title Pages
- Texts and Abbreviations
- Introduction: The Re-Enchantment of Romanticism
- Chapter One Determining Unknown Modes of Being: A Map of Byron’s Ghosts and Spirits
- Chapter Two Shades of Being: Byron and the Trespassing of Ontology
- Chapter Three Byron and the Noonday Demons
- Chapter Four Conjuration and Exorcism: Byron’s Spectral Rhetoric
- Chapter Five Byron avec Sade: Material and Spectral Violence in <i>Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage</i> Canto IV
- Chapter Six ‘’Twixt Life and Death’: <i>Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage</i>, <i>Don Juan</i> and the Sublime
- Chapter Seven Byron, Ann Radcliffe and the Religious Implications of the Explained Supernatural in <i>Don Juan</i>
- Chapter Eight The Haunting of <i>Don Juan</i>
- Chapter Nine Being neither Here nor There: Byron and the Art of Flirtation
- Notes on Contributors
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.