- Title Pages
- 1 Oaths in Political Life<sup>1</sup>
- 2 Oaths in Greek International Relations<sup>1</sup>
- 3 Litigants' Oaths in Athenian Law
- 4 The Dikasts' Oath and the Question of Fact
- 5 Could a Greek Oath Guarantee a Claim Right?
- 6 Oath and Contract
- 7 ‘An Olympic victory must not be bought’
- 8 Epinician Swearing
- 9 Horkos in the <i>Oresteia</i>
- 10 Masters of Manipulation
- 11 Cloudy Swearing
- 12 Thucydides and Plataian Perjury<sup>*</sup>
- 13 The Oath of Demophantos and the Politics of Athenian Identity<sup>*</sup>
- 14 Hierophantic Performances
- 15 Oath and Allusion in Alcaeus fr. 129
- 16 Cosmological Oaths in Empedocles and Lucretius<sup>1</sup>
- 17 <span xml:lang="ell">Ὀμνύω αὐτὸν τὸν Σεβαστόν</span> The Greek Oath in the Roman World
- General Index
- Index Locorum
Liverpool Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.